Goal: Spartan Sprint Toronto [COMPLETE]
Honestly the best event yet! It was even more fun in teams. :D
Today’s race was 5 miles and 13 plus obstacles long.
My watch time was 1:33:41 but we had to wait in line for some of the obstacles. We could have passed them and taken a penalty, but let’s be honest here… we can do 30 burpees at home. We came here to climb 12 foot walls! :P
ALSO, look who I ran into! Kate… aka the crazy who got me into this whole racing thing in the first place. She came in 2nd because she’s epic. Congrats<3
We’re already looking forward to next year!
Comments: cut, bruised, wet, and dirty… that’s how Spartan’s do it! ;)
What was I thinking?
Please, remind me not to go crazy with my credit card on the computer and sign up for all these things during the busiest time of the school year. Especially not after I just ran a race and under an endorphin high.
I’ve been blabbing about doing this for a while now but I FINALLY SIGNED UP so I can officially add it to my fitblr goals list. :)
Ultimate Goal: Beat my team?
Deadline: Sunday, June 24th, 2012 (11:30am heat)
Comments: Warrior face on, AROO! AROO! AROO!
I don’t really have a resolution this year since I started my healthy active lifestyle in September, so I guess my goal is to continue being awesome!
THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE EPIC!
For the next six months I will live, eat, and breathe SPARTAN.
I know this is my first Spartan Race but I still want to do really good…
I’m aware that my competitiveness is shortening my lifespan, yes. :P
THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING<3
My sister and I started our Spartan Race training… we are so sore right now! :P
The park we went to had a circle playground with 3 benches surrounding it.
- Run to the park + warm up
Super fun circles:
- 10 push-ups, sprint to next bench, 10 push-ups, etc.
- 10 dips, sprint to next bench, 10 dips, etc.
- 10 burpees, sprint to next bench, 10 burpees, etc.
- 45 second plank, sprint to next bench, 45 second plank, etc.
- Rest, lunge to next bench, rest, etc.
Super fun monkey bars:
- Monkeybars towards each other, high five, monkey bars back to start, etc.
- Reverse push-ups (kinda like a pull-up with your feet on the bars)
- Flexed arm hang until you feel like your arms are going to fall off. :)
- Run home + cool down stretch
This is what my job pays for, really. :P